Thursday, April 9, 2009
Update on Logan
Hey everyone. The first few weeks have gone well. It's been much easier this time around probably b/c I'm not so stressed out about everything. We've taken Logan to Brookwood to get weighed twice b/c we were worried that he wasn't gaining enough. He was slow to gain weight but is now catching up. He wasn't getting the "recommended" 8 feedings a day but was taking anywhere from 3 -4 oz each time. He's such a slow nurser - about an hour at each feeding. So, at night, Bret gives him a bottle and I pump. He takes it down in about 15 minutes so that's much better. I don't want to jinx anything but he's been pretty easy so far. He still sleeps most of the day and is doing well at night. At a week old, he can already pick his head up and turn it to the other side while on his stomach. It took Mason about 3 weeks. The other day I was trying to video tape him doing that when he decided to roll on his side and almost off the ottoman! I've attached the video of it. It's quick b/c I had to catch him. Bret and I joke around saying it must be the steroids they gave Logan in the hospital! I've also attached a few more pics. We have his 2 week appointment next Tuesday so I will update you all next week.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
He is adorable Em! And so advanced!!!! I am glad to hear you all are doing well. PLEASE, please call if you need anything :)
I am praying for you as you go through the first few tough weeks. I cannot wait to see him again.
He is precious! I am glad everything is going well :)
Post a Comment