Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update on Me & Logan

Some of you might have already heard but it's just easier to sent a mass email then try to figure out who to send to. I went to my doctor Tuesday b/c I was having mild contractions 5 minutes apart. They did a non-stress test and an exam. The exam showed that I was a finger tip dilated which isn't good at 28 weeks. So, my doctor sent me to L & D so they could do another non-stress test and give me a shot of Brethine to slow the contractions. Since the first dose didn't knock them out, they decided to monitor me overnight. Luckily, the 2nd shot worked and it appears that we can control the contractions with Brethine, hopefully. Since the contractions slowed down Wednesday, she allowed us to come home with me being on bed rest until Monday then we will see. If we can't control the contractions with the Brethine, then they will have to give me Magnesium which I don't know much about but it sounds like a road I don't want to go down. Apparently, it makes the mom very sick and crazy while she's on it! And, you have to stay in the hospital while on that.

My parents are coming up today and staying until Monday to help us out. Bret has been awesome with picking up all the responsibility but I know it gets hard for 1 person to do all the time. Also, we have had some amazing friends already step in and help out or offer to help.

I just wanted to let everyone know what's going on. Please keep us in your prayers that we can control this and make it to term. I want to meet Logan but not quite yet! :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

Emily, I am praying for you, Logan, Bret, and Mason! I am so so glad that the contractions stopped. Please take care of yourself. I will call you soon. Zach is on an easier rotation so if you need us to come get Mason to play at the park or anything just let me know! I love Logan's name. He is going to a beautiful little boy. We will pray he stays in alittle longer!