Tuesday, February 10, 2009
31 weeks!
I turned 31 weeks yesterday so that's a good thing. However, I have been in the hospital since Saturday afternoon. They finally released me yesterday around 2:30pm. The procardia was working great (no contractions) until last Thursday. I don't know if I got a stomach bug or food poisoning but I ended up throwing up Thursday night. Friday, I had a few contractions but by Saturday at lunch they were coming every 10 minutes. So, back to the hospital. They initially hoped that I was just dehydrated from being sick so they pumped me with IV fluids, Brethine, then Procardia. Unfortunately, I was still contracting regularly. So on Sunday, they gave me the magnesium. I had heard such bad things about it as far as side effects but luckily I only had hot flashes. The nurses said that my body handled it better than most so that's a blessing. Also, I haven't progressed at all which is wonderful news considering the amount of ctxs was having. My doctor thinks I could possibly have to come back in for another mag wash if my body stops reacting to the procardia again since I'm still early but we will see. At least I am home now. It's not fun being hooked up to so many things. It took 10 minutes to just get unhooked from everything to go to the restroom. And pregnant women have to go ALL THE TIME. Bret and I are definitely becoming pros at hospital admittance!!! Luckily, Bret's parents were up this weekend so that was such a blessing to not have to worry about Mason. I will keep you all updated. Thanks for all your prayers, support, and food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment