Wednesday, March 4, 2009

34 weeks!

So, here's my weekly update although my appointment has not been the highlight of the week. It went well and I'm getting less anxious the closer I get to term. Just knowing that if Logan was born now, his odds of being healthy are high. However, Monday morning we were at the Pediatrician's office with Mason. He spiked a high fever the night before and his cough which we had assumed was just a cold and/or from cutting his 2 yr top molars was getting worse. They ran a few tests and then told us the "great" news - he had mycoplasma and strep. This was not what we wanted to hear but we were glad we decided to go ahead and take him in. I just kept thinking about the milk shake I drank after Mason a few days earlier. On a side note - since having Mason Bret and I are more of a "germaphobe" than we would have originally imagined. We're always trying to wipe the table when we go out, wipe his hands after we go anywhere, and never share drinks (although my brain apparently shut down with the milk shake). It aggravates me when others "make fun" of this (usually people without young kids) b/c it's not worth having a sick child at home. It's so draining to watch your child feel bad. Can any mom relate? So, for now - yes we are "germaphobes" and I don't think that makes us crazy - just good parents like every other parent out there with multiple things of hand sanitizer and wipes strolled throughout the house and in the daiper bag. Okay - sorry for the rant but I'm back on track now. :) Since he's been so congested and his throat has hurt he wakes up every hour crying for the past 3 days. Luckily, Bret slept on the couch last night and got up with him so I could get a good night's sleep without worrying about Mason. I seriously have to give him credit for that b/c it's amazing how a good night's sleep will make you feel so much better. Oh - and we all took Bret to the doctor yesterday since I can't be with Mason alone for long periods of time and Bret has the same stuff as Mason. We're just hoping I don't get it. They are both feeling better today and Mason was allowed to go back to school so we will see how it goes. 5 days locked inside with a sick child is no fun for anyone. He has gotten so whiny b/c he's gotten his way all weekend. Oh well - it's hard not to spoil a sick child. Sorry for the long post but just a lot that's happened in the last few days.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I hope he gets to feeling better! I must have net you at the tailgate spot last year. We didn't make it to any games this last season either due since we had a newborn. It is amazing how much they change your life! Do ya'll live in Bham?

Emily said...

Yeah, we live up in Fultondale which is about 7 miles north of downtown B'ham. Where do you guys live?