Wednesday, March 11, 2009

35 weeks!!!

I had my 35 week appointment on Monday and everything went well. I still haven't progressed any further which is a blessing and I am finally getting over the strep and mycoplasma that both Bret and I caught from Mason. My parents came up this weekend and were a huge help with Mason. They also bought some stuff for Logan as a "mini shower" which we greatly appreciated. Life was good. By Tuesday, I had caught up on sleep and could breath again! :) That didn't last long. This morning I woke up with a horrible sharp pain in my right side. It had happened before a few weeks ago but went away after a few hours. Today, however, by lunch it was still there and to the point where I couldn't walk. So, we headed back to the doctor. She did an exam, NST, and lab work. We were able to rule out an appendicitis and a uterine rupture which was good. Also, the baby sounded great. She has scheduled me for a gall bladder ultrasound next week even though she doesn't think that's the case based on the location of the pain. Basically, she's ruling everything out that is a high risk. She's thinking it's my ab muscles tearing from the pressure of the baby which is good news that it's nothing worse. The bad news is there just isn't much she can give me for the pain. So, I'm hoping that the baby might shift and give me some relief b/c as of right now, walking is difficult! I told Bret when we were leaving that I must just be having bad luck with this baby. Let's recap - - contractions at 28 weeks & 1st hospital stay - contractions again at 29 weeks and new drug - food poisoning, dehydration, & 2nd hospital stay with mag - a few good weeks - strep and mycoplasma with whole family - ab muscles ripping! So, needless to say, I am so ready to have this baby. I know I'm lucky that he has remained healthy and safe this whole time but he's already kicking my butt and he's not even here yet! :)

4 comments:

The Spann's said...

hang in there Em! you are doing good!

The Yates said...

Bless your heart....hang on. you're almost there. may you have the most laid back baby ever for putting you through all of this!

Amber said...

OH EMILY! you just have a few more weeks! I agree that at the end, you are just ready to have a baby in your arms. I can't wait to see baby Logan. It will all be worth it! I will be praying for you.

The Spann's said...

hey Em - i don't have your email address so email me at work after match day! so excited for you!