Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Splash Pad - 1st Time!!!

This past Sunday, we took Mason to the new Splash Pad in Gardendale that just opened. We had a blast. Mason never really warmed up to it but I was able to get a few pictures that makes him look like he was having fun. He would act like he wanted to play but then when the water hit him, he'd run back to the grass. We hung out there for about an hour then went to the park (in the background of this pic) after that. He loves the park - mainly the slides. This picture shows a piano that plays music when you step on the keys. This was Mason's favorite splash pad toy. It was because he had more control over how much water touched him. Oh - I just realized that you can double click on the pics and they will appear larger in a new screen. I'm sure everyone else knew this but I thought it was cool. So, if the pics are too small, just double click! I meant to set them larger but can't go back and change them from work. This is just a picture of part of the Splash Pad. I added this one for all my friends up in B'ham in case they are looking for a place to take their kids. I think it will only be open for another month but will re-open next Spring. So far, it's the nicest one I've seen b/c it has so many different water toys and even if there are a ton of kids, you can find space. We are going back this weekend so feel free to join us!



2 comments:

Amber said...

I really want to take Caleb to the splash pad! I didn't know there was one around here. Is it on your exit? It looks really fun. I am glad Mason had fun at the park. This weekend he will probably love the water.

Emily said...

It's on the exit above us - Exit 271 (the Gardendale exit). Once you get off the exit, you turn left onto Fieldstown Rd and follow it until you come up on soccer fields on your right. They are behind the soccer fields. I've attached a link. Scroll down for park.

http://www.cityofgardendale.com/News.htm