Last weekend, Mason and I headed home to spend time with Bret and my parents. For people that don't know, Bret is doing a visiting rotation at USA in Mobile for a month. We are in week 3 and I am so ready for him to be home. We had a great time down south. I was nervous driving down by myself with Mason but spent the earlier part of the week getting as prepared as I could. I had a bag full of toys and snacks, a Bear video, and books on CD for me. We were ready and did great until the last 15 minutes. As I was hanging up the phone after telling Bret that we'd be home in a few minutes and how well the trip went, I looked back and Mason was throwing up EVERYWHERE. He had gotten choked on a cheerio and that was it. Luckily, I was off the interstate and pulled into a gas station in Loxley. Somehow I had to clean Mason up, change his clothes, clean his car seat, and keep GiGi from jumping out the door and at the same time, try to calm Mason down. As we got back on the road, I called Bret and told him we would now be 15 more minutes and to start the bath! Besides the crazy trip, the rest of the weekend was great. 
Saturday we watched the Auburn game with some dear friends - Amanda, Adam, and John. War Eagle! As in his usual style, Mason was shy at first but by the end of the game, he was playing and even jumping on the trampoline with Bret & Adam. John was great the whole time. We just enjoyed just spending time with family, eating out, and relaxing. This weekend I'm headed to Brewton so pray that this drive will go better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
He is getting SOOO big!! He looks like a little boy! How did we both end up with blonde haired boys?
I am glad that the trip went well. I can't believe Mason got sick right at the end of the car ride. Thank goodness you were close to home! YAY for only having one more week of this rotation. Be careful driving tomorrow!
Post a Comment